5.20.2010

$3500 to travel the world.

Starting to plan my summer travels and I'm running into some significant mental obstacles.

Other than being drawn to Turkey for it's architectural significance and Lebanon for it's exoticism, I need something stronger, a firmly burning question, to drive purpose into my July expedition.

I am both inspired and intimidated by Bas Princen's photos of Istanbul, Beirut, Amman, Cairo, and Dubai I recently found on bldgblog.


Beirut


Dubai

I would like to enjoy myself there, but also come away with: excellent photos, descriptive sketches, heritage souvenirs, and a richly educational experience.
So I have a lot of cultural reading to do, in addition to logistical planning.

$3500 is not a fortune and airfare is expensive. But fear not... this is NOT me complaining!! Only starting to get excited =)

No comments:

Post a Comment