3.31.2011

Backlogged

I have a backlog of posts in Word on my home computer that I will probably never upload. They are mostly thoughts about service, interacting with homeowners, confronting poverty (in a very mild sense), and my changing understanding of community development. So, yes, brilliant and interesting (ha!) but a bit serious. I've been playfully reprimanded (once again) for being too serious about work.

So here is the lighter side of what I do: I make pretty pictures. I'm not going to say much about what this is, but this is the second project I'm working with Oisse architects (Julie) on.
I'm starting to get the hang of Maxwell, a rather complicated and powerful rendering program. What's cool (and different) about Maxwell is that it calculates light particles with real physics-- this results in extremely photorealistic images and lovely, soft shadows. This image took over 3 hours to render, and it's still grainy.

No comments:

Post a Comment