6.23.2011

Birthday Bash(es)

To preface: I am not normally thrilled about birthdays. Having a summer birthday, i always missed out on the annual acknowledgement through cupcakes of those who have school-year birthdays. Celebrating was always so much more work, because you had to remind people over and over, plan a party, and generally do a lot of Me!Me!Me!-ing for anyone to care. I never minded, so long as someone else did the planning. (ha!) Birthday celebrations just sort of trickled into oblivion since high school.

Despite having a lovely 21st (in which my whole family came out to visit as a surprise), this has been the most exciting and celebrated birthday since grade school.

Here's why:

-Ashley's birthday gift was a ridiculous dance to Hero at her wedding. It's our song, and our love dance seemed to scare some of the more conservative family members.

-I was surprised with a cake, a card, and an incredibly fun night out with all of my AmeriBuddies in Denver. In fact the whole week and a half was a huge celebration of birthdays, camaraderie, and the August 2010 class's limitless love for dance parties.

-I finally got my paycheck from UIC for the work I did with Julie in April. A nice padding for my upcoming month of unemployment!

-Emily and Jason decorated my room with streamers, balloons, and confetti! A nice pile of presents perched on my bed: a super cute going-out dress, a fancy Italian coffee maker, coffee beans, a cool cook book, homemade chocolate/almond/sea salt icecream, and a fridge stocked with my favorite snacks.


-Greg and Sarah sent me seeds from their German cucumber plant... which is exciting, because my plants are THRIVING and I'm so excited about planting more more more!

-My garden is not just surviving, but yes... thriving! Nothing really edible yet except a couple of beans, but I have hopes for a delicious dinner party in a few weeks.

-I have tomorrow off from work.

So, it's a good month.

No comments:

Post a Comment