7.01.2009

Home! At last!

I made it home yesterday evening and I've spent the last 24 hours eating, sharing photos and stories, trying to sort through everything I own, and get a handle on my collision into Real Life.

Not a day's rest, and I'm not sure I'd have one even if I could, because keeping momentum is the only way I'll be able to do all the things that need to be done.

But it is a bit crazy: I have to sort and pack all of my things for the fall before I leave in a week for Texas. I've nearly finished, surprisingly, except for the sorting of photos.

3000 photos from the last month, chronicling travels to and through 21 destinations:
Oxford, Blenheim, Cotswolds, Bath, Stonehenge, Newport, Chepstow, Betws y Coed, Lake District, Edinburgh, Whitby, York, Portsmouth, St Malo, Mont St Michel, Versailles, Paris, Cologne, Hannover, Berlin, London.

It is nice to be back in a home, where someone will feed me and I can sleep on a bed and do what I like... but I want desperately to keep on the influence of the places I've been, the walkable way of life, the good health and happiness, the intensity of quality. I've learned a lot, and changed a little, and hope it's not in vain.
It's not very hard now, but I've only been home a day. I think it will hit more fully when I'm back in Chicago in the fall, stuck in a depressingly cold city, forced into courses I do not care for.

Anyways, pictures of said destinations are on their way... about half have been sorted into Picassa, and only a few uploaded.

No comments:

Post a Comment