1.12.2010

I am hungry, and exhausted, and not sure if I have made the right decision, but I have signed up for a regular studio.
Not Tim Brown, Not Werner Sobek, but Krueck and Jacobs.

We will be doing a 5-story interfaith center.

[[Basically a church]]

I think, in light of where I am in my eduction and my new year's resolutions, that it is a fitting time for me to think about procession, ceremony, symbolism, and meaning.

It will be my first building design since third year, and will have a strong focus on the experience of materiality.

Fingers crossed (superstition?) but I'm excited. I am also hoping it will offer a wealth of material for my Architectural Writings course.

3 comments:

  1. You will like it - there is something really beautiful and meaningful about designing a procession-based architecture. You should include some narrative/fiction as well, just for good measure :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, if only.... I'm not sure I'm going to be able to swing what I wanted to do afterall... my professors are pretty set in us following their process, which has nothing to do with program or experience, but all about balanced space.

    So we'll see... I'm not sure about it at the moment, but I think it will get better after next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete