2.15.2010

Screens, plane

I made a new model last night/this morning working out a few of the major issues in my building. I spent two hours cutting shiny gold paper into 3 densities of screen. I decided that if my GPA has to go down for these professors, I'll do it in style. Haha.

But surprisingly, my desk review went incredibly well- they like my building and didn't mind the gold at all.

So now I'm thinking about the potential of screens for defining complex space. Screens are a pretty incredible facade option... having the potential for both translucency and opactiy; rich materiality; ornamental form or pattern.
By obstructing half of what happens behind them, screens reduce the three dimensional to a complex collage of 2d. Sort of like polarizing lenses for a building's interior activity.

Anyways... a few cool screens for my own inspiration:






I need to keep my imagination open.
Islamic; slats; metal; brick; translucent; green; orthogonal; circular; shadow; folding; reflective; perforation.

No comments:

Post a Comment