4.17.2010

Final Model Materials

Because this studio final is not about creative thought but perfect production, we have to make large, realistic final models.

These are the materials I will be using for my final model.

I also have an insane schedule of finishing one drawing a day for the next week to give myself 4 days of model making time (cutting it close!!). Prayers for productive efficiency being accepted now.


The thin stone stuff is corian I shaved really closely so light filters through (to mimic alabaster) and then lasercut with a really simple "parametric" circle pattern.

Frit on the glazing is achieved by applying several layers of transfer paper dots.



The dark wood will either be stained bass (like in the model) or oiled walnut (which looks better, but is more difficult).
Sand blasted acrylic with a larger scale circle pattern will cover large sections of my facade.

No comments:

Post a Comment