4.14.2010

Yeah!

I know I have been terrible about posting about studio this semester. This is largely because my professors have encouraged us against thinking too much... and just DOING. So, I've been producing a lot, then stressing about it not being meaningful.

Though I knew this before, I am now very very certain that this is not my ideal way of working: I need a LOT of time to think.

But with two weeks left in the semester, and hopefully my last modifications to the building completed last night/ this morning, I have started on the final images and model.

I have materials, they are gorgeous, and I'm incredibly excited about the model looking fantastic.

I am shaving Corian down to about 1/32" thickness, so light filters through (mimicking alabaster)... and then lasercutting a simple parametric circle pattern over it. The effect is lovely. It looks like a thin sheet of stone lace.

I'll post photos tonight... But anyways. Our review is Friday the 30th. We have to submit everything by Thursday at 6pm... so I have 15 days to complete everything. Time is ticking!!

***note... I am getting into the finals week high of delicious sleepless delirium. I love the intensity this time of year!***

No comments:

Post a Comment