4.21.2009

I've not been keeping up

Day 2 of sunless-no-fun-days in studio, and it really hasn't been so bad. Tiring, yes, but we have a nice big room for the week, and I have a table to myself by the window.

Productivity for everyone is high; models are getting cranked out everywhere, people hardly look up from their computers, and Monia flits about helping with projects or giggling as she updates the VSP website.
It's all been pretty good fun, except when Elora nearly cut her thumb off and had to go to the hospital this evening.

I'm really, really sick of doing Curve Boolean. I close my eyes and see the multi-colored lines of my silly lattice getting filled in with yellow or black blocks of color.
This is what I've been doing for the last... 12 hours.
I have a bit more to go before I can laser cut tomorrow, but Mike and I had dinner at the corner pub and my productivity and energy dropped post-pint.

On top of trying to get through the impossibly long TO-DO list I've set out (read: been assigned) for studio, I'm also still trying to set up courses for next semester and finish my paper for history.
However, by the time I make it home and have time to do something other than Rhino, I'm too ready for a break to get much done.

Despite this, I have had a pleasant few days previous:
I went to Borough Market with Mike (had an ostrich sandwich and clotted cream icecream),
had coffee with Iain (got tips on where to stay near Glascow),
went shopping (bought a new UrbanOutfitters sweater for 8 pounds from OxFam),
went jogging (still sore),
finished a few books (Bridget Jones, Perelandra),
and enjoyed an almond croissant from the farmer's market.

No comments:

Post a Comment