5.22.2009

Last day in Neverland

It's strange and refreshing to be done. Blake is here, and is excessively annoying (he is pestering me at the moment to finish up quick so that we can eat chocolate and watch a movie), so to make this quick, I will post photos... that hopefully capture and sum up the last day more completely than I could write.

More photos, including detail shots of projects, can be seen here.


One full, slightly panic-stricken day of painting letters with Mike and Daniel preceded Blake's arrival and the opening.


All happy after a successful review. My review went well and it was really interesting to hear the emphasis of certain jurors. Brett Steele loved the chairs and dress as excellent representations of architects sneakily stealing other bodies of work and presenting them in only a way architects would (process - based). Eugene and Valentin loved the crazy mooshy "house" for its bold use of form and color. Ironically, the Zaha dudes didn't like it as much.


The exhibition (monia's side) after we all set up our final models


Post-crit, we journeyed to the balcony for to change into our freshly painted shirts that read ["Suckers for Sam - Moanin for Monia - VSP 2009"]


All of us, in our new shirts after giving Monia her gifts (a similar shirt, the studio Mix CD of all of our Project-title songs, and a frame with photos of us jumping and being silly with our projects)


Lil Mama Monia...


...took pictures of us all with our exhibition spreads.


After a farewell dinner in Soho, we got pastries at the best bakery in town, and ate on the steps of a Roman Catholic church off Tottenham (after being kicked out of the park by skeezy security guards).

It wasn't sad saying goodbye to anyone, because it doesn't feel over. I feel like I'll walk to school Monday with a cup of coffee, as usual, and wait for tutorial in the evening. At the very least, I feel like I will see them all again.
VSP '09 reunion, anyone?

2 comments:

  1. I've loved seeing all your pictures from London. Have a great summer, Laura.

    -Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear that the semester ended so well. I'm, personally, very glad and excited to see you again and have you back in the states. I also hope that you have a terrific summer, despite not wanting to come back.

    I look forward to seeing you in august.

    ~Tim

    ReplyDelete