3.21.2009

my new loves

I'm almost done with my sketch book. I normally go through two, so I'm right on schedule, but never are they as dense as this one. I always fall in love with my sketchbooks, but this one is particularly special.
The binding is tattered and broken, the black paper corners peeling away. A chunk of the spine is missing. Every inch of every page is packed with a flurry of writing or doodle.. thought process and mental conversations.
I would not mind opening the book to any random page and explaining the work to a stranger.






It has been a really beautiful and mildly productive day. Mike and I walked to school this morning in the perfectly cool sunshine; we had lunch on Bedford Square, soaking up the warmth. I'm moving slow, so I've only produced a minimal amount of work today, but it feels so good to relax and work.

I took a walk to enjoy the sunset, and now it's back to work.

Monia replied to my email this morning with some really great suggestions and advice. I spent the morning browsing for images like this:



KRob Delineation Competition



Someone is wailing on the piano at the music school across the way. Traffic rumbling in the back ground. Honking horns. Chirping birds. Church bells.
My daily symphony.

Blake's friends all had babies this week. It is strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment