3.29.2009

This Week's Work 10

My week's work is quickly narrowing to one topic: studio.
The only course apart from studio I have to worry about now is history and theory (Architecture to Architecture); I met with the tutor for nearly 2 hours this week to discuss my interest in architecture morality, but the topic is still incredibly vague in my mind, and I need to narrow it down before we leave on Tuesday for Moscow.

However, my brain is tired and I have no motivation to think about theory and conceptual speculations.

===
Last night I went to a 1940's Blitz party with Justin, a dance friend; it was good fun despite the somewhat lousy music, the overcrowded dance floor, and few real dancers to swing with. The place was crowded, the music was loud, and the drinks overpriced, but I met some new people, got some practice leading, and had the satisfaction of showing off for non-dancers who are wow-ed by anyone that has the slightest clue as to what they are doing.
Unfortunately, we lost an hour to day light savings, and I got home much later than I would have liked.
I spent the morning writing post cards in the park, eating goodies purchased at the farmer's market.
This afternoon Mike and I went down to the London Bridge and then met up with folks from studio at the Tate for the Russian Constructivist exhibit. We ate a late lunch (early dinner?) at a pub, all tired and exhausted from wandering for so long. Something about going to museums makes you instantly tired, I'm not sure why.






Big bridge, little bridge


Little push- the skewed London city hall by Foster


Big push!


The little wooden cafe behind the Foster city hall is much better than the city hall itself; a nice use of 3D modeling- topo extraction


A nice ball sculpture...


...made better by 3...


...is loved by all!


A famous cathedral [which I have forgotten] has nice flying buttresses and a really inventive use of stone on its facade.


An old bishop's palace, with little left to show. Very close to an ancient prison.


We are all just another brick...

No comments:

Post a Comment